Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Week 8 Thing 18

Before exploring Google Docs, I had never used any web-based word processing applications. I found using Google Docs to create a document to be extremely easy. In fact, I would say it was almost easier than using Microsoft Word! I found it very easy to use the tools on the toolbar. I especially like how the spell check function works. It highlights the misspellings right in the text. Clicking on a highlighted word gives a drop down menu of spelling choices. Clicking on the spelling choice changes the spelling of the word in the text. Using web-based applications like Google docs would alleviate having to save things to a disk or flash drive
so you could take them to another computer to work with them. Also you would have access to your documents anywhere you happen to be as long as you have internet access. These are very useful tools. I can think of times when using web-based applictions would make life easier but I don't think they will cause the downfall of Microsoft Office applications.
After all, web-based applications rely on internet access and if that access is not available for one reason or another, you do not have access to your documents stored in your web account.

No comments: