Friday, September 21, 2007

Week 9 Thing 22

I learned all about downloadable audiobooks. I started by reviewing the information on the BCPL website. Then I went through the Overdrive Digital Media Guided tour. I found it to be helpful. I was surprised by the number of titles available and the breadth of the collection of audiobooks. All genres of fiction, including new and classic titles, non-fiction titles, children's titles, Young Adult titles, and reference books are available. I liked the features in the What's New section that allowed you to sort by release date, title, creator or by most popular. It was also interesting to see what titles were in the Recently Returned section. The site was easy to navigate. I liked being able to browse the collections or to use the search box and search for a specific title or author. It was really simple to add titles to My Book bag to be checked out for download or to reserve books not currently available. This is another option for our customers to use to obtain their books. I would think that those customers who already use the Books on cassette or Books on CD might like to use downloadable audiobooks. Downloadable audiobooks, as well as e-books, would also be an option for homebound customers.

No comments: