Friday, August 3, 2007

Week 4 Thing 9

I have explored Merlin, signed up for an account and subscribed to their RSS feed. I also continued exploring Bloglines and the different search tools for finding feeds. Bloglines Search tool is very easy to use. I thought Topix was neat because you can search by city and get community news items. Feedsteer was more confusing for me, especially the mention of widgets. Widgets are a real mystery to me. What is a widget? I also found Technorati confusing. I went through the tutorial which seemed fairly stright forward. But when I went to the site it looked different from the tutorial. I need to pay around with it some more. Maybe I'll figure it out. I may have been confused by some of the search tools; but, at least I found out what search tools for finding feeds are out there.

No comments: